I. Every wife is to be in submission to her own husband. (Eph. 5:22-24)
A. The wife is commanded to submit to her husband.
1. The wife is to submit to her husband as to the Lord.
2. The wife is to submit to her husband as is fitting.
B. The wife has God-given reasons to be in submission to her husband,
1. The man is the head of the wife. (5:23)
2. The Lord, in His creation, set the man in leadership and the woman in submission. (Genesis 2:18; 1 Timothy 2:13)
3. The example of the fall shows the need for the headship of the husband and the submission of the wife. (1 Timothy 2:14)
4. The wife's submission will be used by God to benefit her husband spiritually. (Proverbs 31:10ff)
II. Every wife is to have an honorable role in the home.
A. She fulfills her responsibility of a helper to her husband. (Proverbs 31:11-12)
B. She is industrious. (Proverbs 31:13-15, 17-19)
C. She is charitable. (Proverbs 31:20)
D. She makes sound financial decisions. (Proverbs 31:16)
E. She seeks to clothe her family and to save money. (Proverbs 31:21-22)